Be smart, stay aware!
Wire transfer or money transfer is similar to handing over cash to someone. The only difference is that the process is electronic and can transcend geographical distances. If you know who you are giving the cash to, wire transfer is the safest, fastest and most convenient method of transferring money. But if you end up sending money to someone you don't know, there is every chance that the money is gone and will never come back. Read more
Did you know of all the ways you can get tricked? Find out all about the most common scams in practice. Stay aware, stay away!
The most common reason fraudsters and scamsters engage in fraudulent activities like these is the money, of course. But the fraud does not end there. Through these seemingly simple, innocent interactions, fraudsters can also become privy to your personal details which enable them to impersonate you, Read more
STAY ALERT and dismiss all such propositions
DECIDE never to give your bank details to someone you don't trust
REPORT any scam proposition to concerned auth
SPREAD THE WORD if you have been a victim of a scam
*As a general rule, it is important to follow some basic dos and donts to protect your identity and your money.
- Always choose strong passwords for all your online activities – they should be unique, hard to guess and alpha-numeric.
- Always insist for a written confirmation from the company with the name of the sales person, complete name and corporate address of the company, product information, bank account details, etc. And then verify!
- Always tear and throw away your ATM receipts, letters, email print outs, credit statements, credit cards and bank statements.
- Report any unauthorized financial transactions to your bank, Credit Card Company and the police as soon as you detect them.
- Keep a list of telephone numbers to call to report the loss or theft of your wallet, credit cards, etc.
- Always carry out a background check on all persons/ organizations before transacting with them.
- Be extremely diligent while selecting any investment plan and with the people through whom you are investing.
- Confirm beneficiary details (Full name, Nationality, Mobile number) before making the payment to avoid confusion at the receiver's end.
- Always provide valid photo identification while sending or collecting cash.
- While sending a transaction, co-operate with the teller by providing relevant information/ documents and answering any questions that they may pose—they have a responsibility towards keeping your money safe too.