Know Your Beneficiary
- NEVER agree to transfer money to a complete stranger
- ASK QUESTIONS where they're from, why they need the money, ID details, etc.
- TRUST your common sense
- DON'T BE TRICKED into giving away confidential information, like bank account numbers, credit card details or online account details.
- NEVER share your transaction XPIN with anyone for any reason.
- BEWARE of products or schemes that claim to guarantee income or winnings.
- BEWARE of job offers that require you to pay an upfront fee.
- DO NOT OPEN suspicious or unsolicited emails (spam)—delete them.
Once the transaction has been processed, it is virtually impossible to reverse the transaction or trace your money. This is because when you wire money to another country, the recipient can pick it up at multiple locations, making it nearly impossible to identify them or track them down.