Be smart, stay aware!
Wire transfer or money transfer is similar to handing over cash to someone. The only difference is that the process is electronic and can transcend geographical distances. If you know who you are giving the cash to, wire transfer is the safest, fastest and most convenient method of transferring money. But if you end up sending money to someone you don’t know, there is every chance that the money is gone and will never come back. Read more
Did you know of all the ways you can get tricked? Find out all about the 16 most common scams in practice. Stay aware, stay away!
The most common reason fraudsters and scamsters engage in fraudulent activities like these is the money, of course. But the fraud does not end there. Through these seemingly simple, innocent interactions, fraudsters can also become privy to your personal details which enable them to impersonate you, Read more
- Always choose strong passwords for all your online activities – they should be unique, hard to guess and have both letters and numbers.
- Change your passwords regularly and have different passwords for different services.
- Always deal locally, face-to-face and with known vendors and organizations.
- Always insist for a written confirmation from the company with the name of the sales person, complete name and corporate address of the company, product information, bank account details, etc. And then verify!
- Always tear and throw away your ATM receipts, letters, email print outs, credit statements, credit cards and bank statements.
- Report any unauthorized financial transactions to your bank, credit card company and the police as soon as you detect them.
- Keep a list of telephone numbers to call to report the loss or theft of your wallet, credit cards, etc.
- Always carry out a background check on the person or organization involved.
- Be extremely diligent while selecting any investment plan and with the people through whom you are investing.
- Consult an unbiased third party, like an unconnected broker or a licensed financial advisor before investing.
As a general rule, it is important to follow some basic dos and don’ts to protect your identity, and your money.